- The Combat-Do system of stand up striking is a potent mix of techniques from Muay Thai (low kick) and Western Kickboxing (high kick), also a good solid boxing program Teaching you as a student the required drill that it takes in stand-up to make your attacks a result of reflex action instead of thought.
- At Combat-Do we believe that there are no shortcuts – true mastery is the result of hard work applied over time in an intelligent direction. That’s why our two hour classes are some of the longest in the industry. The first hour consists of our trademark strength and conditioning routines followed by detailed technique instruction and thorough drilling. The second hour is live sparring – a chance to practice techniques against live opposition and receive feedback and fine-tuning from our expert coaching staff.
- Judo, Wrestling, and Jiu-Jitsu form the cornerstone of the Combat-Do system of grappling. Master Bob Schirmer has spent more than 52 years on the mats learning how to synthesize these different arts into a unified system. For the student, this means that they will learn how to go from takedown to position to submission with unrivaled fluidity. Like the standup class, Combat-Do grappling classes are a full two hours. Because of the very technical nature of grappling the conditioning, instruction and drilling take a full hour and fifteen minutes. The last 30- 45minutes are reserved for sparring.
Current MMA amatuer records stands at 59-4 in the last two and a half years.
- Combat-Do has been a destination for professional and amateur mixed martial arts fighters almost since the beginning of the sport, but that doesn’t mean our classes aren’t for everybody. Here at Combat-Do we believe that anyone with the desire and dedication can learn the nation’s fastest growing sport and compete at their appropriate level of experience. Because of our emphasis on technique over brute strength, anyone from a youth or beginner all the way to a professional fighter looking to take his/her game to the next level will benefit greatly from Master Bob’s instruction.
- The Combat-Do Tiny Tots and Children’s programs build a foundation of skill and mental toughness during the crucial early years of child development. Utilizing the same core formula as the adult classes, this is certainly no daycare. Youth students will learn legitimate Combat-Do grappling every session, typically a throw or takedown to a position to a submission.
- Of course we acknowledge that child athletes must not be pushed as hard as adults. At the halfway point of children’s and tots’ classes the students get a water break for ten minutes. During this time they receive a lecture on the philosophical and moral side of the martial arts. These discussions cover a variety of topics, but only one per class. Some subjects discussed include anti bullying, ethics, street safety, situational awareness, leadership traits, and principles. These lectures are crucial to the development of any young martial artist and we believe strongly that they are valuable for any child.
- Afterward, the children spar in protective gear under the close supervision of Master Bob and the rest of our expert staff.
- Private lessons are available from grappling Hall of Famer Master Bob Schirmer. Individual one hour sessions can be purchased for $85.00, or ten for $650.00. Small group lessons can also be arranged at various rates. Please contact us for more info.I have been involved in Martial Arts for over half my life.
- If you want to learn Jiu Jitsu there’s no one more knowledgeable than Master Bob Schirmer. I have known Master Bob for over ten years and he IS the Guru of Grappling, a True Master. It’s been my Fortune and my Honor to have trained with him. But don’t take my word for it go down to Combat Do and take a lesson, you won’t regret it!